POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: GIMP tip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP tip
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Mar 2004 10:08:11
Message: <83ej50524q8fie3hl5ciqsrc1tmgc7e1vp@4ax.com>
On 18 Mar 2004 09:55:38 -0500, Eamon Caddigan <eca### [at] uiucedu>
wrote:

>So you want Photoshop Windows (not Mac, as has already been pointed
>out). It's the only way you're comfortable working, why not use it? This
>isn't a flame, but a serious question. If what you want already exists,
>why use something you don't want only to complain about it?

I actually use it -- have been since version 2.5 (granted, that was on
a Mac). But I also want to learn to use the GIMP and the lack of a
consistent workflow hinders me in my quest. Also, I am in the process
of completely switching to Linux and would like to get the best of it
-- for example, I am currently writing a conversion tool to import my
Windows ICQ 2002 history into Licq.

As per my original post, I found a way to avoid some problems I (and I
know many others) find annoying and wanted to share. As per some other
posts, which probably don't belong to this thread and maybe not even
to this group, I would like to find the reasoning behind the current
GIMP design from a useability point of view, since this is a somewhat
professional interest of mine. I do not want this to be a PS vs. GIMP
thread and even less so a flame war - I want to use the best of both
worlds and I believe I am on my way to doing so.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg